Today’s Wordle puzzle is a bit of a nasty one, as it features an attribute you’d usually avoid if you play by the standard recommended tips for Wordle success. So, we’re here to help. If you want a little nudge in the right direction, or just straight up want the answer itself, then we’ve got you covered – today and every day.
What is Wordle?
If you’re new to Wordle, we can’t blame you for trying to avoid the addictive puzzle game. And a massive congratulations on doing so for this long. However, you’ve joined the cult, and we’re here to welcome you in with open arms.
Wordle is a daily word puzzle, now operated by The New York Times after it’s purchase of the game from original creator Josh Wardle (hence the name). In Wordle, you have six attempts to guess a randomly-selected five-letter word.
- Letters that you guess which don’t appear in the word appear in grey.
- Correctly guessed letters that are in the wrong place appear in yellow.
- And right letters in the right place show in green.
It’s as simple as it sounds, really. Well, on paper. If you get on well with it and fancy a few more daily challenges, then other people have jumped on the bandwagon to create a bunch of Wordle alternatives, too. Try Heardle if you’re a music fan, or Moviedle for films. Don’t worry, that questionable title doesn’t match the quality of the puzzle.
Wordle hints May 19, 2022
General Wordle hints
- Try to squeeze as many vowels out of your first guess as you can (We love editor Will‘s word – Ouija).
- For probability’s sake, guess the most common consonants first, for example S, R, L, T and N.
- Don’t forget, the letters that you can eliminate in each guess are almost as important as those in green or yellow.
Specific hints for today’s Wordle answer
- There is only on vowel in today’s word, right in the middle.
- Today’s Wordle answer is a noun.
- We usually advise not guessing the words with the same letter twice. Today, you might want to forget that rule.
Today’s Wordle answer, May 19, 2022
You can’t see through this image to reveal today’s Wordle answer, but it is underneath it. So, as ever, here’s your final warning to stop scrolling if you’re not ready to have the answer spoiled just yet.
Today’s Wordle answer is… GLASS. Thankfully, it’s a fairly easy word as it’s so common in day to day life. As mentioned, though, the tricky part of today’s word is the double “ss”, as one of the top Wordle tips is to avoid guessing words’ with the same letter used twice. It could, ordinarily, be a waste of valuable guesses. Hopefully, you’ll have got there before you scrolled down here, though, thanks to our very transparent clues.
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for even more Wordle hints and answers. We provide you with the best daily hints to help you get the answer without spelling it out for you. Of course, we do also spell it out for you, but still. If you want more general help then check out our Wordle tips, Starting words, and hints page for the best starts to help you master the game.